Businesses have all sorts of reasons for replacing office furniture or leaving it behind during a relocation. Whether they simply want to upgrade the furniture, have space constraints in a new location or are redesigning their office space, the question most business want to know is how to get rid of their old office furniture without the hassle.
For businesses struggling to offload dozens, if not hundreds, of workstations, this can present a unique set of challenges. That is where facility decommissioning comes in.
Facility decommissioning is the process of breaking down workstations and removing them from an office space. Also called asset disposition, this process goes beyond just simply snapping apart old furniture and replacing it with something new. It involves keeping the pieces in usable condition so they can be rehabbed, reused and recycled.
With a proven process by which we return a work space to its original condition, our specialists have the versatility and knowledge to coordinate all phases of facility decommissioning, including Asset Disposition and Space Restoration, with minimal disruption to your everyday activity.
Facility Decommissioning Services Include:
- Disassembling or dismantling the furniture to be decommissioned
- Completing an inventory of your excess office furnishings
- Photographing of all product to be decommissioned
- Advertising your available product to our nationwide network via email and internet
- Product evaluation for employee sale or open market sale
- Furniture and equipment packing and loading for transportation
- Warehousing and storing offsite for either the seller or buyer
- Broom-cleaning of the decommissioned space
- File storage and shredding